Monday, September 10, 2012

6-2-12

Date: June 02, 2012
Area: Dallas Texas
Companion: Elder Riley Layton from Glendale AZ


Hello Everyone,
I am so thankful to be a missionary. The Lord has been so good to me. We had a great week and have some exciting things planned for this upcoming week.
We were able to meet with Jennifer three times this week. Her baptism will be June 9th at 4:00, so we were excited to teach her the last few concepts from Preach My Gospel to help her prepare for her baptismal interview. Her preparation has been great, and she has no hesitations in keeping the commandments. It has been a real treat being able to teach her and help her join the church.
A missionary was reassigned to serve in the Texas Dallas Mission (previously served in the Mexico Mexico City Northwest Mission). We picked him up at the airport on Tuesday and spent the majority of the day with him and the Durrant's. I love days like that, it is so exciting to see the potential in new missionary's and figure out where they will be serving. It is also great to be with the Durrant's and get to know them better and learn from their examples.
The next day, we had a leadership training meeting with all of the district and zone leaders in Dallas. Our mission will lose half of the missionaries currently serving. Many of those missionaries are our leaders. It is now time for the younger missionaries to step up and realize the incoming missionaries will be looking to them for their leadership. It is helping us all feel a bit more urgency. I love it. It is great to feel to power of the Lord's servants in a room together. We practice teaching, and strengthen our abilities to follow the promptings of the spirit. I am so thankful to serve with so many powerful examples and apply the revelation I receive.
Elder Layton and I working hard to spend as much time out of the office as possible. It has been great for finding new investigators and teaching more lessons. We are busy as ever. It is miracle each day that we have the energy we need to function throughout the week. It is a joyful experience to go in at night completely exhausted, but so excited to wake up the next morning and get out the door. There is so much to do with so little time.
Yesterday, I worked with a missionary in my second area. In late December of 2010, Elder Brown and I had knocked into a young family that we taught for the time I had served there. The missionaries currently serving there began visiting them a few months ago. It had been over a year since I had seen them, so we planned to stop by and say hello. I was so nervous walking into their home, but it was a joyful experience. They still have a lot of questions about Joseph Smith, but they have the desire to know if he was a true prophet. It will take them some time for them to be humble and open themselves to the spirit. They are quite knowledgeable in the Bible and have "red flags" to overcome, but my prayer is that they will have the desire to continue to learn, and make choices to humble themselves.
I am so thankful for this gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is the evidence God has given to us so that we can know Joseph Smith was a true prophet. The Lord's church is on the earth and is rolling forward just as it has been prophesied it would. Thomas S. Monson is also a true prophet and holds the keys to preside over the church. I am so grateful for his service. I love each of you, and I am so thankful for your powerful testimonies. You share them with me often, and I feel the power that comes as I read them. Thank you for your prayers. They help me on a daily basis to resist temptations and remain focused on the work of the Lord. Have a wonderful week and pray for missionary opportunities.
With love,
Elder Seager