Monday, September 10, 2012

9-10-12

Date: September 10, 2012
Area: Frisco Texas
Companion: Elder Michael Louder


Hello Everyone,

 Well... The end is here. I can't believe it. There is much I could write about. My emotions are all over the place. I am so thankful for the blessed opportunity I have had to serve in the true Church of Jesus Christ. The opportunities to be guided and directed by a perfect being is real. I bear witness that He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. Through him we are able to enjoy the blessings of peace and happiness.

 I couldn't have had a better last week of my mission. There were miracles that happened that I knew I needed to be a part of. It helped confirm my decision to not go home two weeks early to catch the fall semester.

 We were able to attend a ward breakfast with Zack and then have a lesson the next day in a members home. We taught the Plan of Salvation. There were a few things that he wanted clarification, so late in the evening he text us to ask if we could come share the Plan of Salvation again. As we were with him the confusion that he had was eliminated and he knew from the Spirit that what we had shared was true. I am so thankful for the faith Zach has. He is at a time in his life where he is open and receptive to the restored gospel. I have no doubt the Lord has great things planned for Zach in the near future.

 Later in the week, we received a phone call asking for help. The situation we were asked to help in made us stretch because we didnt know what to say or do to help this particular individual. Before going to the investigators home, we prayed for inspiration on what we could share. We bore testimony of the Atonement and provided the individual with tools to overcome their trial. I am so thankful for that experience and know it will be one to look upon for the rest of my life.

 Sunday evening we were able to attend a devotional where youth and young single adults were invited to attend. President Durrant organized this meeting and focused the topic around the group in attendance to become better missionaries. There were great talks that brought the spirit in strong. A young man shared his conversion story, and a young women shared her testimony on how we can save the rising generation. Her bold yet loving remarks inspired many in attendance to share the gospel with everyone. Everyone was able to practice sharing why they love the church with their neighbor. The spirit of enthusiasm filled to chapel. It was a powerful gathering of righteous youth with great abilities to share the gospel.

 I look forward to being home and seeing all of you. I will miss my mission immensely, but I know the Lord has other opportunities ahead. Thank you for all of your prayers, your letters of encouragement, and most of all, your testimonies. My love for you has grown and I am thankful I will be reunited with all of you.

 With love,
 
Elder Seager
 
Date: September 10, 2012
Area: Frisco Texas
Companion: Elder Michael Louder
Hello Everyone,
3 John 1:13-14
"I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee."
With love,
Elder Seager